maanantai 9. tammikuuta 2012

1911 Corset Sew Along - The Pattern

I used the pattern in Nora Waugh: Corsets and Crinolines.

If I'd be ashamed easily, I would not share these photos... Not only are they taken with crappy camera phone to take them, the subjects are rather ugly.


Note that this is the way I do things when making garments for myself! It is by no way the "right" way of doing things, nor do I even dare to draft patterns free hand when making clothing for other people. I've just gotten quite accustomed to my body to know not to frustrate oneself in patterning.

1911Corset_001

First, I copied the pattern in the book. You could use the copier for rezising as well, but as I don't have patience for machines but love drawing, I used the grid/measure method.

1911Corset_002

I needed to add 0.5cm - 1/5'' to each piece - though I might need to add more to the hips, but I left that for the mock up to see exactly which pieces need more.
First piece (and side gores) I cut in half and added in the middle, but decided that with such a minor add I could just re-draw the addition to the edges.

Here's the pattern so far, on the muslin, with their edges rolling and waiting to be pinned.

1911Corset_003

Next it's the sewing of the mock up and first fitting!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti