torstai 29. joulukuuta 2011

1911 Corset Sew Along


Decided to participate with the Bridges on the Body 1911 Corset Sew Along!
Hoping to achieve two things: A new corset from era I've never made a historical corset of, and to blog more regularly with work-in-progress photos.

Why now? Well, 2012 marks the 100th Anniversary of the maiden voyage (and sinking, but let's not be that melancholy) of the Titanic.

That is also the 100th Anniversary of the year my current residence was built, and I'm already picturing a photoshoot in front of our Art Nouveau fire place...

Yes, I'm planning on making the whole outfit. We'll see. I despise the images on period fashion magazines with their malformed bodies, but worn by a real person, there were some pretty ones in Upstairs, Downstairs that would even work as a "modern" wear.

1 kommentti:

  1. So happy to have you sewing along! Ooh, an art nouveau fireplace to take photos in front of. I'm envious!

    VastaaPoista